Wage Hope to end pancreatic cancer
I'm raising money in support of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network by participating in PurpleStride. This organization is important to me as I lost my father in 2007 to Pancreatic Cancer. He was only 59 years young, a very healthy and active man and had just celebrated 30 years of marriage to my mom when we received the news. He lived 8 short months after being diagnosed with this awful disease. He was my mentor, hero and friend, and I miss him dearly.
I am participating to keep his memory alive, create awareness about the disease and raise money for this most under-funded cancer. I would be very grateful if you would:
- Join my team and walk/run with us, kids and families are welcome!! Kellie’s Team Homepage (Purple Purpose for Peter)!
- Support my efforts and make a donation to personal page:
Some chilling facts about Pancreatic Cancer:
- It isestimated that more than 56,770 Americans will be diagnosed with pancreaticcancer this year, and more than 45,750 will die from the disease.
- It is the THIRD leading cause of cancer death, with afive-year survival rate of just 9%.
- Pancreatic cancer is the most under-funded, under-recognized and least-studied of all major cancer killers with only two percent of the National Cancer Institute's annual budget dedicated to pancreatic cancer research.
- Steve Jobs, Patrick Swayze, Michael Landon and Randy Pausch are a few celebrities who have lost their battle with Pancreatic Cancer.
Your donations will help to change these dismal statistics by funding research grants, advocacy efforts, patient support, and awareness activities coordinated by the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
Find more on my personal site: www.TheBicoastalBeauty.com