Welcome to My Personal Page
By now you know the wild trajectory of my story with pancreatic cancer. If not, Google will inform you.
The short version:
- Diagnosed stage 3b pancreatic cancer November 11, 2014
- After a grueling clinical trial and treatment, we thought I was clear, but it spread to my liver November 2015
- On and off aggressive chemo through February 2019
- Returning from a Mexico vacation with friends and family, I rush from the airport to the hospital to find a 5cm tumor in my brain, which was removed and pathology confirmed as metastatic disease. This puts me WAY outside of the medical literature
- Summer 2019 saw 3 more head surgeries, 2 of them craniotomies, one for confirmed recurrent disease
Needless to say, I'm far from out of the woods, and now have to keep tabs on both my abdomen and my brain through regular scans, and treatment.
Programs like those offered by Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, like the Know Your Tumor genetic profiling program, are critical to the survival of people like me. They help us find the best treatment options so that we can hang on until a viable cure is found. Your participation in PurpleStride, as a fundraiser, or just a participant, is what makes that possible. Please consider joining us!